Justification: The Heart of the Gospel
- Rev. Ronald J. Van Overloop
- Prof. David J. Engelsma
- Rev. William A. Langerak
This booklet presents, in printed form, three speeches that were given at the 2006 Winter Conference sponsored by the Evangelism Committee of the First Protestant Reformed Church of Holland, MI. The theme for this conference was "Justification: The Heart of the Gospel."
This theme was chosen in light of the fact that many today, even in conservative Reformed circles, are denying a fundamental truth of the Reformed faith, namely, justification by faith alone. Justification is being redefined. The word "alone" has been dropped. It is said that man is justified by faith and by works.
We express our appreciation to the three speakers for their timely lectures, which clearly confront and combat the errors with regard to the doctrine of justification.
We trust that making these speeches available in booklet form will serve to remind the reader of the importance of holding to this truth a truth which is, indeed, at the very heart of the gospel of God’s grace and salvation in and through the Lord Jesus Christ.
May God be pleased to use this as a means to keep us steadfast in the faith. May it serve His glory, as well as the salvation and comfort of His people.
The Evangelism Committee of the
First Protestant Reformed Church of Holland, MI
3641 104th Avenue, Zeeland, Michigan 49464
Justification By Faith Alone
Rev. R. Van Overloop
- What Justification Is
- How Justification Is Ours
- Peace With God
Justification and Good Works
Prof. D. Engelsma
- The Attack on Justification on behalf of Good Works
- The Truth of James 2
- The Relation Between Justification and Works
Justification and the Believer
Rev. W. Langerak
- Justification Establishes the Righteousness Of God and our Legal Relationship to All Things
- Justification and our Relationship to the Church
- Justification and our Relationship to the World: Our Flesh and Sin
- Justification and our Relationship to the World: The Natural Creation
- Justification and our Relationship to God: Peace
- Justification and our Relationship to God: God-glorifying Worship and a Thankful Holy Life